You are cordially invited to become a part of the team for Mission: Juarez 2015.
Winds of Peace Fellowship is coordinating with Casas por Cristo to build a home for a family in Juarez, Mexico, December 27, 2015 – January 2, 2016.
You can become a part of the team in three different ways:
- Laborers: We’re building a team of 12-15 people to travel to Juarez to build the home. You don’t even have to know how to build. If you can swing a hammer, you’re more than qualified! We will have the help of Seth Brooks, from Casas por Cristo, to guide us along the way with the build. Construction takes about 4 days and on the fifth day we dedicate the home to God and the family.
- Financial Supporter: For a team of 12-15 people, we have a goal of raising $16,500. This includes all building materials for the home as well as travel, food, and lodging expenses for the team. You can help by using the “Donate Now” button on the right side of this page.
- Prayer Warrior: Our goal is to make a Godly impression upon the family and their community while we are in Juarez. Please pray for the wellness of the laborers, the support through finances, the family receiving the home, and the staff at Casas por Cristo who will be working with us on this project. We also invite you to pray for the community by asking God to use this home as a centerpiece for bringing others into the Kingdom of God.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is it safe?
- Yes. Many of the rumors floating around about Juarez are greatly exaggerated. The staff at Casas por Cristo including our guide, Seth, make frequent trips from El Paso, TX to Juarez, Mexico. When you participate in the trip, you will discover that your time spent in Juarez is safer than many American cities.
- How do we raise funds for the trip?
- We request donations from church members, relatives, co-workers, and about anyone else you know. When you provide a list of addresses, we can help you with letters for the funds.
- We plan fundraisers. We ask that each team member help by participating in fund-raising activities that we plan between now and the trip in September.
- Use your talents. Do you sing? Do you write? Do you sew? Do you make crafts? Do you offer services such as house-cleaning, laundry washing, website building that you can offer and donate the proceeds to the trip? Think about things that you can do well and use those talents to raise funds.
- Where will we sleep at night?
- Casas por Cristo works with several churches in Juarez that will house team members during the build in Mexico.
- Do I need a passport?
- Yes. So, if you don’t have one you will want to get started as soon as possible so you can have it before the trip.
- How do I pack for the trip?
- We have a packet of information about preparing for the trip, as well as, what you should or should not take with you on the trip.
- How do I get more information, volunteer to go on the trip, or help with fund-raising?
- Contact Michael Lawson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ideas you have.